DUBAI ESPORTS FESTIVAL HIGHLIGHTS TICKETS FOR GAMEEXPO AND POPCONME
DUBAI, United Arab Emirates, 1 November 2022: The Dubai Esports Festival (DEF) 2022, hosted by Dubai Festivals and Retail Establishment (DFRE), in partnership with VSPN - a global leader in esports activities and solutions, and organised in collaboration with DWTC and Alanza Trading, has announced several ticket options for GameExpo and PopConME which is set to take place from 10th to 13th November 2022.
WHEN: Thursday 10th to Sunday 13th November 2022
WHERE: Dubai Exhibition Centre, South Hall, Expo City
- School kids pass for 10th and 11th November (AED 50)
- One-day kids pass (AED 50)
- One-day pass (AED 139)
- Four-day pass (AED 249)
- One-day family pack (AED 399)
- Four-day family pack (AED 699)
- VIP Ticket (AED 500) – includes four-day entry, fast track access for badge collection and Meet the Heroes, 1x autograph OR photograph voucher, Mainstage Silver Circle access, standard PopConME merchandise
- VVIP Ticket (AED 3,500) – includes four-day entry, complimentary early delivery of VIP Pack with badge and merchandise. fast track access for Meet the Heroes, 7x autograph OR photograph vouchers, 5x private celebrity meet and greet session, Mainstage Golden Circle access, exclusive PopConME merchandise
Speedy Comics: https://www.speedycomicsme.com/event/popconme/
Virgin Megastore: https://tickets.virginmegastore.me/ae/others/17050/popconme-and-gameexpo
*Ticket pricing is subject to change based on market demand.
With several immersive zones hosting brands, publishers and gaming experts, GameExpo is a platform for fans to interact with all things gaming and esports. Fans can watch exciting live esports tournaments as well as meet and compete against their gaming idols at free-to-play gaming zones. A Retro Games zone will offer fans a nostalgic blast from the past with unique and rare vintage gaming entertainment in addition to casual competitions and tournaments open to all fans. Fans will be able to enjoy the latest quirky indie games as well as get a first look at the latest BETA games from independent gaming developers at The Discovery Zone. GXR Content House activation will be a beehive of activities during the four days, jam packed with interactive and exciting activities including The EZ Lounge, Galactic Hub, GG Chats and Podcast Zones.
A celebration of all elements of world-class pop culture, from superheroes, comics, gaming, art, movies, TV, anime and more, PopConME will feature a variety of immersive and entertaining experiences. Fans are encouraged to dress up in their favourite cosplay outfits, meet with their favourite cosplay celebrities, as well as take a deep dive into Japanese anime culture through live performances, movie screenings, workshops and art. The Meet the Heroes zone will be the main attraction of the convention for fans to meet their favourite celebrities. The Mainstage will feature panels with celebrities as well as live musical performances and cosplay competitions among others. The Theatre will showcase exclusive movie screenings, independent films and previews. Awarding ceremonies are also going to be held in this zone. The Dojo will offer special workshops from the best in the industry of filming, gaming, art, music, comedy and screenplay among others. Japanese Village provides a deep dive into Japanese anime with kawaii memorabilia available to purchase.
An exciting line-up of celebrities during PopConME will include:
- Chris Hemsworth - Thor, Thor
- Kit Harington - Jon Snow, Game of Thrones
- Stephen Amell - Oliver Queen, Green Arrow
- Giancarlo Esposito - Gustavo Fring, Breaking Bad
- Bernard Hill - King Theoden, Lord of the Rings
- Ross Marquand - Red Skull, Avengers
- Milly Alcock - Princess Rhaenyra Targaryen, House of the Dragon
- Katie Cassidy - Black Canary, Green Arrow
- Ray Porter - Darkseid, Justice League
- Cara Buono - Karen Wheeler, Stranger Things
- Osric Chau - Ryan Choi, Arrowverse
- Veronica Taylor - Ask Ketchum, Pokemon
- Abby Trott - Mezuko Kamado, Demon Slayer
- Alex Livinalli - Attuma, Wakanda Forever
- Alec Utgoff - Alexei, Stranger Things
- Sean Kanan - Mike Barnes, Cobra Kai
- Lochlyn Munro - Hal Cooper, Riverdale
- Julian Glover - Grand Master Pycelle, Game Of Thrones
- Samantha Alleyne - First female Trooper, Star Wars
- Ming Chen - Comic Book Man, Jay & Silent Bob
For more information about DEF 2022 please visit www.dubaiesportsfestival.com.
About Dubai Esports Festival
Hosted by Dubai Festivals and Retail Establishment (DFRE) in partnership with VSPN, Dubai Esports Festival (DEF2022) takes place from the 9th – 20th November and celebrates the love of video games with the aim of setting the trend as the region’s gaming industry and bolstering Dubai’s position as a global hub for esports and interactive tech-driven entertainment, and as a global city at the forefront of innovation. The annual festival will be the first international leisure event to be held at the Dubai Exhibition Centre at Expo City Dubai. The inaugural DEF 2022 will feature a combination of competitive esports tournaments including the PUBG Global Championship, a school tournament for students, a live concert, an immersive gaming experience, as well as industry networking events for domestic, regional and international stakeholders and partners.
PopConME is a world-class celebration of all things pop culture from anime to cosplay, gaming, film, music and literature. An annual event that brings the community together in a celebration of all things pop culture. PopConME is the leading event in the region and a benchmark in the industry. Boasting an amazing lineup of celebrities and artists along with brand collaborations and activations. PopConME will be taking place alongside Dubai E-Sports Festival from November 10th to 13th at the South Halls of the Dubai Expo City.
About Dubai Festivals and Retail Establishment
Dubai Festivals and Retail Establishment (DFRE), an agency of Dubai’s Department of Economy and Tourism (DET), is responsible for developing Dubai’s retail and festival sectors and supporting the positioning of Dubai as a world-class tourism destination with year-round family entertainment, shopping and events.
For further information, please contact: